I have been asked countless, COUNTLESS times how I do my floating photos. First of all, there is so much I DO NOT know, I want to take a class on it myself. However, I do know the basics of it. I taught myself honestly, and there may be a lot of different ways to do this. This is the only way I know that looks real and is actually very simple. Someday I hope to learn how to float in all different situations like My Brooke does…. maybe by sharing what I know I will be more likey to have the favor returned.
This is my first tutorial so I hope you can follow along!! Here we go!
My Easy Peasy Floating/Levitation/Flying Tutorial
The Photo-taking Part
1. Set up your camera & tripod.
2. Put stool in place and auto focus the camera on it.
3. After it’s in focus set your lens to “manual focus” to ‘lock’ the focus and don’t change it.
4. Climb on the stool and try to look weightless
5. Use remote to take photo. (if you don’t have a remote. Set the timer and run to the stool and lay down as fast as you can)
5. DO NOT MOVE THE CAMERA or the tripod or change the focus!
6. Get down and move everything out of the camera’s view.
7. DONT TOCUH THE CAMERA or the tripod or change the focus!
8. Take a photo of the empty background —being careful to not move your camera!
That is it for the photo taking part!! (you can put your lens back on auto focus).
The Photo-shop Part
1. Open the floating photo.
2. Open the background photo.
3. Push “V” on your key board, click on the floating photo and drag it onto the background photo.
4. Lower the opacity to %50 so you can see where to line up your photo.
5. Move the opacity back up to %100 and click the “layer mask” icon for the top layer.
6. Grab a black brush. Leave it at %100 and set it at about %50 hardness.
7. Start painting over the part of the stool you want to erase.
8. If you mess up switch the brush to white and fix it.
9. Zoom in to make sure you get all the stool.
10. Zoom back out and switch from black to white till you get it perfect.
11. Admire how cool you look floating in mid air!!
12. Flatten the photo tweak it and run some actions to make it look even more real!
13. That’s it! Share with friends